What is strep throat?
Most of the throat infections are caused by virus. Strep throat is a bacterial infection in the throat and the tonsils. The throat gets irritated and inflamed, causing a sudden, severe sore throat. strep throat is always very painful and person become unable to swallow anything.
Here we are going to discuss about Symptoms of Strep Throat so that you can recognize it at home and can take few sore throat remedies.
What are the Symptoms of Strep Throat?
- Severe and sudden sore throat without coughing, sneezing, or other cold symptoms.
- Pain or difficulty with swallowing.
- Nose running
- Fever over 101°F (38.3°C).
- Swollen tonsils and lymph nodes.
- Stomachache and sometimes vomiting
- Red and swollen tonsils, sometimes with white patches or streaks of pus.
- Tiny red spots on the soft or hard palate — the area at the back of the roof of the mouth.
Strep throat can be passed from person to person. When a person who has strep throat breathes, coughs, or sneezes, tiny droplets with the strep bacteria go into the air. These droplets can be breathed in by other people. If you come into contact with strep, it will take 2 to 5 days before you start to have symptoms.
These Symptoms of Strep Throat can be easily recognized at home before going to doctor.
If you have serious pain and not even able to speak well then you must visit doctor as soon as possible. Because negligence of this problem can cause severe issue for you.