Sore throat is a very common problem and we all have this temporary infection once in life. It’s due to over-exertion, or irritation from a cold or flu—or maybe just air that’s too dry, so in case of normal sore throat there is no need to visit doctor.
Here are 5 Must Try Home Remedies For Sore Throat
This is the very first step to do when you are suffering from this infection. Gargling with salt water can help soothe a sore throat, and may help flush viruses from your natural biological filters: the tonsils and adenoids that line the back of your throat.
- Take a glass full of water and add one teaspoon of salt in it.
- Stir it completely.
- Put this on fire and wait till it is warm (Note: We don’t need boiled or very hot water).
- Gargle slowly, with your head turned slightly up, for about 10 to 20 seconds.
- Spit the water outside and try not to swallow it.
Repeat the steps 2-3 times in a day and take proper rest after doing this.
Note: You can use lemon juice also.
2. Honey and Lemon
Honey’s natural sugars are dehydrated, which prevents fermentation, with added enzymes to modify and transform their chemical composition and pH. Invertases and digestive acids hydrolyze sucrose to give the monosaccharides glucose and fructose.
Both of these are easily available at homes. With proper mixture of both of them we can easily cure our sore throat. This is one of the must try home remedies for sore throat.
- Pour around 250ml of water into a small glass.
- Add two teaspoons (10ml) of honey, and heat over medium heat until very warm—but not boiling.
- Stir in one teaspoon (5ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You can add one teaspoon sugar, or enough to taste, to the honey lemon mixture
- Now Drink it and enjoy.
3. Ginger Tea
Drinking ginger tea is a best option. Ginger tea can be prepared by adding a one-inch long crushed piece of ginger in the water and boiling it for two to three minutes, and then preparing the tea as you normally would.
If you don’t take tea then you can do same with milk also. Try to take it sip by sip.
These simple Home Remedies For Sore Throat will help you to cure yourself quickly.